Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Soarness

Last night I went boating after a 2 year leave of absense. I can get up on the wake board, but I dont know how to do anything after getting up. I just stay up until my muscles start to hurt, and then I fall. Let me be honest, the whole right side of my back isn't happy with me this morning.

I would like to tell you a short story about how my friends introduced me to boating and further on... winter sports.

So, when I was 15 my friends decided to take me up to Pebble Creek. I had never ventured beyond the bunny hill and they took me up to Stacey's run. O my word. I started to tear up and scream bloody murder. I cursed my friends the whole way down. I told them I would never go back to that run until I developed more skill. Then they took me to the moguls. What in the world were they thinking. After every bump I would fall so finally I took off my skiis and chucked them down the hill. My friends never asked me to go skiing with them again. Go figure. I took up snowboarding the next year and its been better ever since.

They started to invite to go boating with them when I was 16. I knew I didn't like skiing so I would only go tubing. I heart tubing. Other then the part when you fall off and have to pull yourself back on to the tube. Its impossible for me to pull myself back up. I blame it on my short arms. lol I tried knee boarding and will never touch one again, because I nearly died. They introduced me to wake boarding about 3 summers ago. I liked it, but it almost took me a whole day to get up. Its tricky until you magically do it one time and then its like butter.

I'm excited for what the rest of the summer holds. Lots more boating. Maybe I can learn a few tricks on the wake board and rock it on the tubes. Bring it on peeps. I'm the champion at tubing and I don't fall off very often.

4 comments:

JoSue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoSue said...

Oh geez. I would tear every muscle in my body if I tried to go tubing right now. Sounds like fun though! I do remember when Sarah's parents took us boating the summer we were in Jackson. I think we all wakeboarded that day. Oh fun. Getting excited for BYU to start?

Sorry i accidentally deleted my previous comment.

Booford said...

I am getting excited. Kristy and I were laughing for about an hour yesterday thinking about the time you peed in your hands

JoSue said...

That's so funny you brought that up! haha It seriously took me a couple minutes to remember where and why that happened. Something I would definitely like to forget. I think we were in your car that night... I'm proud to say that there haven't been any peeing incidents since!