Friday, December 4, 2009

Note to self...

How sad I was to see Inkleys go out of business a couple of months ago. I knew I was in the beginnings of finding a new camera. I perfer paying a little more money for service and honesty. However, in the last couple of months I couldn't decide where to buy my new camera. I did decide on the Nikon D 3000. When black friday approached I looked feverishly online for the best deal. I found a great package deal at Bingo cameras for $359. That is an insane price, a little too insane to be real. I did my research and found out that it is a scam.

After a day of searching online I wasn't finding a place I truly wanted to buy from. I eventually bought a package deal from fotocameras.com feeling in my gut that the deal was too gold to be true, but I didn't want to miss out on the black friday deals. Guess what? This website was also a scam, but I was lucky enough to not lose any money. I canceled my order after a serious fight with a punk on the phone calling me the worst photographer ever because I wasn't buying the Nikon d90. After a few choice words, lots of rude dialogue back in forth, my order was finally canceled. What is happening to our economy? I just want a good, old fashioned salesman.

Well, I truly found my camera now and I'm excited for it to show up next week.

Lesson learned: most internet sites are scam, too good to be true!

0 comments: