John and I love to make homemade pizza, but I haven't found a recipe for crust that I liked until now. We made a half white, half BBQ pizza with chicken, sauteed onions, and fresh mozzarella. Super Delicious. I must be done with school because I have posted 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Weird.
Pizza crust:
1T sugar
1 1/4 ounce packet of active dry yeast (2 1/4 t if you don't like to cook in ounces)
3 T extra virgin olive oil
3 1/4 C flour (white or whole wheat or a mix of both)
1 1/2 t salt
1. Whisk 1 1/2 warm water and sugar in a bowl, sprinkle yeast on top and let sit for 10 minutes
2. Whisk flour and salt in a separate large bowl, make a well in the dough and add the yeast mixture. Gradually stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Turn dough and knead until it is smooth and elastic +- 5 minutes and dust with flour if needed.
4. Separate into 2 balls and put each one a large bowl coded with olive oil and covered with saran wrap. Let sit at room temp until doubled in size, roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes.
5. IF you don't want to use both at the time, store one in plastic wrap, in a freezer bag, in the freezer, for 30 days.
Good luck!

0 comments:
Post a Comment