It has been a crazy couple of nights. Most people believe that hell is hot. On the contrary it is supposedly cold. I guess no one can be for sure until you get there.
I believe I have told you some stories of how John and I sleep at night. Typically, John takes over the entire bed while half my body is hanging off. I do have to admit that sometimes my body is hanging off the bed because it is so hot in the summer without AC and in the winter cause John keeps the thermostat at 70. Melting hot for me.
Well, it all started at 4 AM Thursday morning. I woke up and needed a drink of water. That is pretty common for me so I keep a nalgene by my bed. The water was ice cold so I knew it must be cold in the house. However, it had to be the reason I was sleeping so well, nice and bundled in the bed. John got out of bed and checked the thermostat. It read 53 degrees. I loving every second of that. After a couple of hours of trying to figure out why the furnace stopped working, he discovered a cord was unhooked. The annoying aspect though is our furnace is in the basement apartment. Problem solved.
Friday morning just after midnight, John was getting cold again. He once again discovered the thermostat was not working, but not for the same reason. After spending the night trying to sneak in the basement while our renters slept, he found the furnace to be dead too. Not good. After a trip to home depot at 6:30 in the morning and a call to Economy Heating at 8:00. He had had a long night with no answers. Until... he tried to take a shower. The water was cold, and he realized our stinking renter tripped the breaker with their stupid Christmas lights.
John was miserable with 2 nights in the freezing cold without sleep and taking a cold shower. Happy wife that slept fabulously in the cold and had the bed all to herself! Maybe I would like hell.

0 comments:
Post a Comment