So, I was hesitant about writing about my blind date, but I just wont use names. This was my first blind date, and it wasn't bad. So, my mom works at the temple every tuesday night. My first Tuesday that I was home from the mish, I went and spent the day at the temple. I ran into a bunch of women that worked at the temple, and they recognized my name and asked if I was related to Renae. I said yes, and the rest of the conversation went like this....
Women, "Oh, you're the one that just got back from her mission!"
Me,"Yes."
Women, "Oh, what school are you going to go to?"
Me, "I don't know for sure, but BYU provo is the idea right now."
Women, "Oh dang. My son is a return missionary and I would love to set you two up. He is going to BYUI."
The funny thing is that 6 women literally offered their sons to me. I got invited to a homecoming of one guy. One women said that I was a little too short for her return missionary son, but I could wait a year and a 1/2 for her other son to get home. I had a good laugh. I could have had my pick of the litter.
Well, this leads me to my blind date. My mom got together with one of these temple workers, scheming and planning for a couple of weeks. You know the daily phone calls and wednesday lunches. I never heard from the guy. I was told that on saturday he would come to my door at 4:00 and we would be going to IF. It was a little interesting not talking at all to guy and then going out with them.
The date was good. we ate at Garcia's. We spent about 30 minutes at Barnes and Nobles looking at books. Then we headed to the Vocal Point concert. You could tell that both of us had such an amazing time, because I was home by 10:30. LOL!! It was good conversation, but I'm pretty sure there will not be a second date.
P.S. My mom will deny any participation in the setting up the date part. I guess I believe her. It truly was his moms doing. I'll keep you all posted about my dating life. Maybe one day it will be exciting.
P.P.S.S. I would have written before now, but I'm waiting for pictures from Kristy Tingey to show write about our adventures on my birthday and my cabin. More to come.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Blind date
Posted by Booford at 3:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ya right! Mom was totally involved with the date. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't trust her taste :)
Hey Kim! Just so you know Heath was a blind date also. And I thought for sure that we would never go out again. And a week later he called me. So you never know! Have fun dating! I'll be lookin for someone to set you up with. Love ya! Stacy
Post a Comment